Guidance Officers – Elizabeth Smith & Ashleigh Cunningham
Guidance Officers are registered teachers who also hold Masters in Education (School Guidance and Counselling) and are qualified Career Practitioners. We provide a wide range of support services to students including but not limited to:
- Counselling and case management
- Assessment and individualised student support
- Recommendations and advice to students, teachers and parents concerning educational, behavioural, career development, mental health and family issues
- Consultation with student and family around mental health concerns, on-referral to appropriate agencies and continued liaison with agencies around student supports at school
- Guidance and support in the process of Senior Education and Training (SET) planning, career development including QTAC and University liaison and future pathway options
- Comprehensive support and referral services that optimise students' access and engagement in educational programs
- Facilitation of social & emotional and mental health programs
Students can make their own appointment to see the Guidance Officer via the Student Services desk at administration, their Sector Offices or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents are welcome to make appointments by contacting the Guidance Officer -on (07) 3630 3333 or emailing email@example.com.