Building on our seamless transition program for students moving from primary to secondary school, our Middle School philosophy continues in supporting each student to develop personally, academically and find their place within the larger school context. At Kedron State High School we offer a wide variety of programs to support and extend students to achieve their best and delve deeper into their passion areas.
The Middle School focus is very much on continuation of the positive routines established in Years 7 and 8 along with consolidation of the foundation work already undertaken in Junior School and exploration of pathways in the senior phase and beyond school. Organisation, preparedness, time management and prioritisation are all important traits of successful students and we look to support Yr 9 and 10 students in embracing these traits. Year 10s undertake their SET (Senior Education and Training) Plans, a Careers Day and Work Experience this year, and Year 9s have a careers day Expo, with these all aimed at developing a curiosity for learning, especially in the areas that particularly interest them and those that they mightn’t have realised existed yet.
Middle Secondary Staff
Kedron State High School has a number of staff to ensure each student is supported through their time at school. Mrs Wilson and Mr Lang stay with the sector, whilst the Year Level Coordinators follow their cohort through and carry the knowledge of the group with them. In Middle School the following people are important for your student to know:
- A/Deputy Principal Middle School – Zoe Wilson
- Head of Department Middle School – Steve Lang
- Year 9 Coordinator – Sean Perkins
- Year 10 Coordinator – Brooke Fraser
- Middle School Officer – Sharon Eichman
- Head of Inclusive Practices - Stacy Burke
- Sports Coordinator – Corey Tucker/Ally MacLeod
- Guidance Officers (for Middle School) – Ashleigh Cunningham and Elizabeth Smith.
We’re the bridge between Junior and Senior – we develop the processes and expectations in readiness for the senior phase. Middle School is about Autonomy, Finding their voice, solving their own problems and finding their own solutions. Our job is, and always will be, to advocate for all students – we want them to be the best version of themselves that they can be.
The Assessment Calendar shows subjects to be assessed across Years 9 and 10.
- You will see the subject name listed on the left hand side.
- If you are not sure which subject your child studies, please ask them – they should be able to help you out.
- Simply scroll across the weeks to the period the assessments are due.
- Exams are in red.
- Assessments / Assignments will have a draft and final due.
- If your child is doing subjects across multiple year levels, please email Ms Dana Holden on email@example.com and she will help you sort out what you need to find.
If there are any changes to the assessment calendar, you will be notified by the Head of Department of the particular subject area.
Year 9 and 10 - Semester 2 - 2023 Assessment Calendar
Year 9 and 10 Parent Info Session
You will find the Year 9 and 10 Parent Info Session presentation link here.