The senior assessment and tertiary entrance systems in Queensland are designed to prepare students to successfully attain their Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE). The current system, implemented in 2019 includes:
- a model that uses school-based assessment and external assessment;
- processes that strengthen the quality and comparability of school-based assessment;
- introducing the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR).
Each year Kedron State High School works with Year 10 students and families through the SET Plan process, in which students choose their academic pathways. This is an important partnership whereby students, parents and experienced teaching staff develop a plan for Year 11 and 12.
A summary of Senior Subject information, grouped alphabetically, is available here.
For further information about Kedron's subject offerings, QCE, ATAR and QTAC please refer to the links below.
Senior Secondary Staff
Kedron State High School has an experienced and dedicated team to support the Senior Students their Senior School years.
In Senior Secondary, the following people are important for your student to know:
- Deputy Principal Senior Secondary – Tamsin Buckley
- Head of Department Senior Secondary – Jason Claridge
- Year 11 Coordinator – Christopher Harris
- Year 12 Coordinator – Raka Smith
- Senior Secondary Administration Officer – Leisa Owens
- Head of Inclusive Practices - Stacy Burke
- Sports Coordinator – Ally MacLeod
- Guidance Officer - Elizabeth Smith