Support Team - Kedron State High School
Guidance officers – Kathy Birmingham & Elizabeth Smith
Guidance Officers are registered teachers who also hold Masters in Education (School Guidance and Counselling) and are qualified Career Practitioners. We provide a wide range of support services to students including but not limited to:
- Counselling and case management.
- Assessment and individualised student support.
- Recommendations and advice to students, teachers and parents concerning educational, behavioural, career development, mental health and family issues.
- Consultation with student and family around mental health concerns, on-referral to appropriate agencies and continued liaison with agencies around student supports at school.
- Guidance and support in the process of Senior Education and Training (SET) planning, career development including QTAC and University liaison and future pathway options.
- Comprehensive support and referral services that optimise students’ access and engagement in educational programs.
- Facilitation of social & emotional and mental health programs.
Student can make their own appointment to see the counsellor using the appointment book in the student foyer at the office.
Parents are welcome to make appointments by contacting the Guidance Officer -on (07) 3630 3333
Guidance resources are also available for download
School Based Youth Health Nurse
Youth health nurses provide a range of support options including but not limited to:
Individual health consultations (Assessment, support, health information & referral options)
Group health education & programming
Promotion and cultivation of health awareness and health support services in the school, for mental, social & emotional, and physical heath.
School Chaplains – Erin Archer & Nick Warren
To all members of the school community, chaplains aim to provide pastoral care through individual and group: