Kedron State High School offers a wide variety of sporting opportunities to our students throughout their school life from Years 7 to 12. Since Kedron's establishment in 1956, sport has been an important and integral part of the tradition of our school and complements the HPE program. The Kedron State High School Indoor Sports Centre opened in 2010, has boosted the facilities for all- weather sports activities. The Centre has two full size basketball courts and is line-marked for multiple sports.
Inter-school Wednesday afternoon sport Years 10, 11 and 12:
- Touch - boys & girls
- Volleyball - boys & girls
- Basketball - boys & girls
- Oz tag - boys
- Australian Football (AFL) -boys & girls
- Soccer - boys & girls
- Hockey - boys & girls
- Netball - girls
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Beach Volleyball
- Fitness Classes
- Lawn Bowls
Year 8 and 9
Year 8 and 9 students participate in an interschool competition each Tuesday afternoon. A variety of sports are played including Basketball, Netball, Touch Football, Australian Rules Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Ultimate Disc and Beach Volleyball. This competition is used as a developmental process and includes many of the sports that are played in the senior inter-school sport competition.
Year 7 students participate in an inter-house competition that promotes skill development, team work and participation. The program exposes students to many of the sports that they will have the opportunity to play in future inter-school competitions. In addition, this time is used to practice athletics events in the lead up to the school inter-house athletics carnival.
The inter-house carnivals, swimming, cross-county and athletics are organised on a house basis. Named after early governors of Queensland, the houses - Bowen, Griffith, Lutwyche and Wickham maintain a strong but friendly rivalry throughout the year.
- Swimming Carnival. This is a whole day event held at the Valley Pool for the entire school with the emphasis on participation.
- Cross-Country. Kedron is fortunate in having a Cross-Country course which is also used for the District, Region and State competitions.
- Athletics Carnival. Kedron's own athletic track (originally built on a well drained horse racing circuit) is regularly used by the local primary schools and remains the venue for our traditional House, Track and Field Carnival.
After school competitions
Augmenting the normal inter-school competition Kedron offers further opportunities for elite athletes to compete in a number of after school competitions.
- The Australia Post Golden Glove Softball- Boys and Girls
- Brisbane Lions Cup AFL boys & girls
- Northern States Cup U14 boys AFL
- Jonathan Brown Cup AFL Yr8 boys & girls
- Northern Region AFL 9-a-side competition
- Netball's Netball
- QRU Rugby 7's
- Aspley Broncos Rugby League - 9-a-side
- Vicki Wilson Cup Girls Netball
- All Schools Touch Football
- Vito Cup and Bill Turner Cup Soccer - boys and girls
- Charlotte Cramb Cup Futsal
- QLD Volleyball All Schools Championships
Drop in Sport
Kedron offers a wide range of social drop in sport every afternoon (excluding Mondays). These activities are designed around participation and enjoyment. It is open to all students from Years 7 - 12. Our social sports program is very popular with both boys, girls and a number of staff who enjoy the challenge of keeping up with the students. We offer a number of sports on these afternoons including;
- Touch Football
- Rugby 7's